Download the update.
South Western Railway
James Sunderland is Vice-Chair of the South Western Railway All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG). The aims of the group are:
- Capacity: Timetable, frequency, capacity, journey time, train and bus connections and service availability.
Objective: adequate rail capacity that meets demand
- Future: Investment, strategy, industry structure, Route Study, franchise sustainability, franchise mapping and infrastructure enhancements.
Objective: future investment and organisation delivers the service that constituents require and expect
- Passenger Service: Comfort, provision of information, accessibility, station services provision, WiFi provision, recompense, refreshments, quality of train refurbishment.
Objective: passenger experience meets expectations
- Performance: Operating Performance, service delivery, train service contingencies and resources.
Objective: reliable and punctual train services delivered for passengers
- Value: Taxpayer value for money, delivery of franchise obligations, Network Rail use of its Government funding.
Objective: achieving value for money for passenger and taxpayer